Today, I am sharing the final project for the series. I just had a few bits of flowers leftover from the original project, and decided to design something for Halloween.
If you are just viewing the series post, here is what the original project looked like. I took it completely a part (excluding the album), and created new project designs.
Here are the two previous projects I designed from using parts of the project above.
For this last project, I used chipboard to create the potion bottle. I also used a cardboard tube from a plastic bag roll, a wooden foot base from my mixed media supplies, and topped the bottle off with a stack of 1/2″ chipboard squares. The texture for the bottle was created using Liquitex Gesso and Blended Fibers Paste. The colors on the bottle was done with a layering of Liquitex Mars Black Acrylic Paint, Prima Marketing Inc/Finnabair/Art Alchemy Sparks Paint in Fairy Wings and Iris Potion along with Silver Spoon Metallique Acrylic Paint. I used a touch of White Satin Acrylic Paint from Craftsmart (purchased from Michael’s). The flowers were originally created by using the flower and leaves die from Graphic 45 Large Tag, ATC Tag & Flower Metal Dies set. I colored with a combination of Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, and Vintage Photo. I also used Liquitex Gesso for base coating the flowers and the Mars Black Acrylic Paint. The chain was distressed with the same combination of paints and acrylics as mentioned before.
Additional accents for the bottle include chipboard and brad pieces from Recollections (Michael’s brand) and “Wicked Mechant Malvado” from My Mind’s Eye. I used a Mini Pocket Watch from Time Holtz Idea-olgy. For the Poison and Potion titles on the bottle, I used PN Goose Pimples font from Silhouette and cut the letters out on my Cameo 3 with Recollections black cardstock. I triple layered the letters to give a raised effect. I created the label bases by cutting cardstock in layering the cut pieces three times. I distressed the labels with Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot and Vintage Photo.
Here is a video showing the entire project process design.
For this project, I take an inexpensive thrifted vase and redesign it for a new home decor item!
I use a variety of Finnabair/Prima Marketing Inc. Wax Cire Cera colors to create a “metal-like” effect. I also use Finnabair Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel and Heavy Gesso,and Art Ingredients Art Stones. In addition, I use Liquitex Gesso, Blended Fibers, and Light Modeling Paste to create texture and adhere the floral and cord details.
I love the transformation from something simple to something with design and flare!
Just finished a new mini album design! I am calling it a “keepsake” mini album because of the keepsake details I incorporated into the album design.
The Moments In Time paper collection is a lovely set of 12 X 12 double-sided printed papers, a 12 X 12 sticker sheet, and two 12 X 12 sheets of cut a parts.
The first keepsake element is on the front cover of the album. An acetate window and top slot gives access to adding your favorite cards, memorabilia, ticket stubs, receipts, or any other items commemorating your memories. A convenient flap keeps all the items safe and secure.
The second keepsake is a small window box in the back inside of the album. Here too, you can keep small items you wish to retain in the album. The accordion pleated box sides allows for some expansion.
The page spine is credited to FollowThePaperTrail by Laura Denison Designs (https://youtu.be/C85xgZVAiSU). Quite a unique and different way to place your album pages. I particularly like the flexibility in removing or interchanging the pages easily.
See all the details of this project through the link or image below.
If you like this video, please give me a “thumbs up” in YouTube.
Stay safe, and thanks for checking out this blog post