Reinventing A Project Series: Final Project

Thanks for following this series!

Today, I am sharing the final project for the series. I just had a few bits of flowers leftover from the original project, and decided to design something for Halloween.

If you are just viewing the series post, here is what the original project looked like. I took it completely a part (excluding the album), and created new project designs.

Here are the two previous projects I designed from using parts of the project above.

For this last project, I used chipboard to create the potion bottle. I also used a cardboard tube from a plastic bag roll, a wooden foot base from my mixed media supplies, and topped the bottle off with a stack of 1/2″ chipboard squares. The texture for the bottle was created using Liquitex Gesso and Blended Fibers Paste. The colors on the bottle was done with a layering of Liquitex Mars Black Acrylic Paint, Prima Marketing Inc/Finnabair/Art Alchemy Sparks Paint in Fairy Wings and Iris Potion along with Silver Spoon Metallique Acrylic Paint. I used a touch of White Satin Acrylic Paint from Craftsmart (purchased from Michael’s). The flowers were originally created by using the flower and leaves die from Graphic 45 Large Tag, ATC Tag & Flower Metal Dies set. I colored with a combination of Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, and Vintage Photo. I also used Liquitex Gesso for base coating the flowers and the Mars Black Acrylic Paint. The chain was distressed with the same combination of paints and acrylics as mentioned before.

Additional accents for the bottle include chipboard and brad pieces from Recollections (Michael’s brand) and “Wicked Mechant Malvado” from My Mind’s Eye. I used a Mini Pocket Watch from Time Holtz Idea-olgy. For the Poison and Potion titles on the bottle, I used PN Goose Pimples font from Silhouette and cut the letters out on my Cameo 3 with Recollections black cardstock. I triple layered the letters to give a raised effect. I created the label bases by cutting cardstock in layering the cut pieces three times. I distressed the labels with Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot and Vintage Photo.

Here is a video showing the entire project process design.

I hope you enjoyed this series. Please follow me on social media, my blog, shop, and YouTube Channel. You can use this one link to access my posts. https://linktr.ee/designwishesbypamela

Thank you!


Thrifted Vase Redesign

For this project, I take an inexpensive thrifted vase and redesign it for a new home decor item!

I use a variety of Finnabair/Prima Marketing Inc. Wax Cire Cera colors to create a “metal-like” effect. I also use Finnabair Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel and Heavy Gesso,and Art Ingredients Art Stones. In addition, I use Liquitex Gesso, Blended Fibers, and Light Modeling Paste to create texture and adhere the floral and cord details.

I love the transformation from something simple to something with design and flare!

See more of how this project came together.

Thanks for stopping by.


Stamperia Fairy Photo box

Newly completed design project to share with you!

I truly love the way this photo box (also a keepsake box) project turned out. I used the whimsical double-sided paper from Stamperia.com to create this project. The 3D sections on the outer sides of the box, along with a sprinkling of “fairy dust” are just a few of the elements that help make this project come together.

Here is a quick slideshow of photos. If you want to see and hear about off the the project features, please head over to my YouTube channel. Thanks for stopping by.


PhotoPlay “Moments In Time” KeepSake Mini Album

Just finished a new mini album design! I am calling it a “keepsake” mini album because of the keepsake details I incorporated into the album design.

The Moments In Time paper collection is a lovely set of 12 X 12 double-sided printed papers, a 12 X 12 sticker sheet, and two 12 X 12 sheets of cut a parts.

The first keepsake element is on the front cover of the album. An acetate window and top slot gives access to adding your favorite cards, memorabilia, ticket stubs, receipts, or any other items commemorating your memories. A convenient flap keeps all the items safe and secure.

The second keepsake is a small window box in the back inside of the album. Here too, you can keep small items you wish to retain in the album. The accordion pleated box sides allows for some expansion.

The page spine is credited to FollowThePaperTrail by Laura Denison Designs (https://youtu.be/C85xgZVAiSU). Quite a unique and different way to place your album pages. I particularly like the flexibility in removing or interchanging the pages easily.

See all the details of this project through the link or image below.

If you like this video, please give me a “thumbs up” in YouTube.

Stay safe, and thanks for checking out this blog post


Reinventing A Project: Project #2

A few months back I shared a post about creating a design project from a previous project. Below is the original project for this inspiration.

In the first reinvented project, I transformed the box into a three dimensional photo display.

The second reinvented project focuses on using the floral components of the original design project. Using an 11.5″ X 13.5″ denim canvas as my base, I created a vignette for a photo display.

You can hear and see all of the details of this project on my YouTube video below.

I have just a few more pieces from the the original project leftover and plan to make one last project for this Reinventing A Project series, so stay tuned!

I hope you are inspired to create your own reinvented project by using an old project or just found items around your craft space or home.

To see more projects, ideas, shop or more, check out this link below.

https://linktr.ee/designwishesbypamela

Be safe, enjoy crafting, and thanks for checking out this blog post.