Reinventing A Project Series: Final Project

Thanks for following this series!

Today, I am sharing the final project for the series. I just had a few bits of flowers leftover from the original project, and decided to design something for Halloween.

If you are just viewing the series post, here is what the original project looked like. I took it completely a part (excluding the album), and created new project designs.

Here are the two previous projects I designed from using parts of the project above.

For this last project, I used chipboard to create the potion bottle. I also used a cardboard tube from a plastic bag roll, a wooden foot base from my mixed media supplies, and topped the bottle off with a stack of 1/2″ chipboard squares. The texture for the bottle was created using Liquitex Gesso and Blended Fibers Paste. The colors on the bottle was done with a layering of Liquitex Mars Black Acrylic Paint, Prima Marketing Inc/Finnabair/Art Alchemy Sparks Paint in Fairy Wings and Iris Potion along with Silver Spoon Metallique Acrylic Paint. I used a touch of White Satin Acrylic Paint from Craftsmart (purchased from Michael’s). The flowers were originally created by using the flower and leaves die from Graphic 45 Large Tag, ATC Tag & Flower Metal Dies set. I colored with a combination of Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, and Vintage Photo. I also used Liquitex Gesso for base coating the flowers and the Mars Black Acrylic Paint. The chain was distressed with the same combination of paints and acrylics as mentioned before.

Additional accents for the bottle include chipboard and brad pieces from Recollections (Michael’s brand) and “Wicked Mechant Malvado” from My Mind’s Eye. I used a Mini Pocket Watch from Time Holtz Idea-olgy. For the Poison and Potion titles on the bottle, I used PN Goose Pimples font from Silhouette and cut the letters out on my Cameo 3 with Recollections black cardstock. I triple layered the letters to give a raised effect. I created the label bases by cutting cardstock in layering the cut pieces three times. I distressed the labels with Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot and Vintage Photo.

Here is a video showing the entire project process design.

I hope you enjoyed this series. Please follow me on social media, my blog, shop, and YouTube Channel. You can use this one link to access my posts. https://linktr.ee/designwishesbypamela

Thank you!